There are four steps to becoming a Certified BLPS Merganser Spotter and your complete toolset can be found below.
- gain some background knowledge about Swimmer's Itch
- understand the specific type of Swimmer's Itch present in our Lake by reading the professional assessment performed by Swimmer's Itch Solutions
- view the Online Common Merganser Identification training recording that SI Solutions gave to BLPS members in the spring of 2020
- , finally, when you spot a brood of Common Mergansers, take a photo and report the sighting to SI Solutions and to the BLPS membership using the Eyes On The Lake tool.
1. Swimmer's Itch Introductory Information
Our partner, Swimmer's Itch Solutions has some very good introductory information about Swimmer's Itch, and you can find it by clicking HERE
There's also a 3 minute explanation in the video to the right.
2. Black Lake Swimmers Itch Assessment
The following report explains what our partner, SI Solutions found regarding Swimmer's Itch in Black Lake
3. Merganser Identification Training
4. Report A Common Merganser Sighting to our Trap and Relocate Partner, SI Solutions and to BLPS Members
Now, Let the BLPS Members Know About Your Sightings and Cases of Swimmer's Itch
Enter information about your Common Merganser sighting or your Swimmer's Itch cases in the form below to make it visible to the Eyes on the Lake app